Cepton is looking for a software generalist with specific interests in either low level bare metal embedded systems or computer vision and 3D perception algorithms. With 3D point-cloud generated by a lidar, some difficult problems become easy and some impossible tasks are now feasible. These areas are often unexplored and lacking established best practice. At the same time, solutions in these areas are usually immediately effective in solving pressing real world problems. Join us to explore this exciting new space opened up by the advent of high density lidars.
We are at the cutting edge of technological advancement. We look for people who are tool-builders instead of tool-users, people who understand how things work and why it works, not just how to use them. We value one's ability to learn higher than the knowledge one has acquired in the past. We like people who strive to solve a problem in new and creative ways instead of seeking conventional wisdom. We enjoy solving hard problems. Join us to work with like-minded people to face the challenges posed by the new era of computing together.
(Our projects come from different software engineering disciplines, but our people work in a single flat organization. We always encourage people to explore and learn new things.)
- Implement and improve perception and visualization algorithms. Create and maintain reference solutions for common problems such as object recognition and obstacle detection.
- Use computer vision and deep learning techniques to derive high level information from raw lidar point clouds.
- Keep up-to-date with AI and computer vision research and attend related scientific conferences.
- Work with leading automotive companies and industrial solution providers for lidar adoption projects.
- Program on bare metal in novel hardware environments.
- Design and implement specialized operating systems and communication protocols.
- Fit smart algorithms in a hybrid environment with CPUs, FPGAs and specialized hardware accelerators.
- Create software components that characterize and calibrate the sensor collected data
- Implement algorithms and scripts as part of automation in the manufacturing process.
- Control machineries with computers through feedback control loops and computer vision.
- Deep understanding of the system architecture is required.
- Fluent with C/C++ and Python.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, physics or equivalent. Ph. D. is a plus.
- Proficient in computer algorithms and data structures.
- Good understanding of low level computer architectures and communication subsystems.
- Basic knowledge of computer graphics and computer vision.
- Knowledge of networking, database, encryption, compilation and memory management details is a plus
- Knowledge of web programming and cloud system architecture is a plus.
- Comfortable in dealing with customer’s technical staff and providing support.
- Competitive compensation package, including stockoptions
- Comprehensive employee benefits program, includingmedical, dental, vision & more
- Paid holidays and time off
- Performance-based Spot Bonus
- 401K & Flexible Spending Accounts
Cepton Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply via Linkedin/Indeed
Apply via Email