CEPTON is looking for a senior software generalist with specific interests in low level embedded systems and computer vision/3D perception algorithms. A Lidar has many components: Laser emission, optics, detection, high speed data acquisition, filtering, DSP, 3D aggregation and perception, mechanical control of the moving parts etc. All of these components are controlled by software, most require feedback loops with internal sensing. Some of the logical blocks are specialized accelerators designed for the task, while others are general purpose high speed computation modules (CPU or FPGA). Altogether in a tiny box there are more than a teraflops computation power and emits data saturating a gigabit ethernet link. We routinely hit the current hardware and system capacity limits, and constantly need to innovate to break these limits. Solving problems that push the boundary of computation and communication with the next generation Lidar is immensely satisfying and, at the same time, immediately impactful. Join us to design the next generation Lidar sensors and create solutions that get deployed on cars, flying drones, in airports or on top of atoll booth. Join us to automate the real world and bring life-changing technology to people’s daily lives.
We are at the cutting edge of technological advancement. We look for people who are tool-builders instead of tool-users; people who understand how and why things work, not just how to use them. We value one's ability to learn higher than the knowledge one has acquired in the past. We like people who strive to solve a problem in new and creative ways instead of seeking conventional wisdom. We enjoy solving hard problems. Join us to work with like-minded people to face the challenges posed by the new era of computing.
(Our projects come from different software engineering disciplines, but our people work in a single, flat organization. We always encourage people to explore and learn new things.)
1. Program on bare metal in novel hardware environments.
2. Design and implement specialized operating systems and communication protocols.
3. Fit smart algorithms in a hybrid environment with CPUs, FPGAs and specialized hardware accelerator ASICs.
1. Implement and improve perception and visualization algorithms. Create and maintain reference solutions for common problems such as object recognition and obstacle detection.
2. Use computer vision and deep learning techniques to derive high level information from raw lidar point clouds.
3. Keep up-to-date with AI and computer vision research and attend related scientific conferences.
4. Work with leading automotive companies and industrial solution providers for lidar adoption projects.
1. Create software components that characterize and calibrate the sensor collected data
2. Implement algorithms and scripts as part of automation in the manufacturing process.
3. Control machineries with computers through feedback control loops and computer vision.
Cepton Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.